As of 2016, by simultaneously running a series of nationwide programs, ELIZA launched a major Awareness Campaign for self-protection strategies and the training of professional staff involved in the prevention of child abuse.
The main objectives are to:
- Optimize the procedure of recognizing and managing child abuse and neglect, across all levels of authority
- Train professional staff who come into contact with infants and children
- Promote a multidisciplinary approach in the management of cases of vulnerable children
- Teach children how to protect themselves from sexual abuse
- Support parents of infants and children
- Raise public awareness and enlighten society as to the phenomenon of child abuse and neglect
The Campaign’s ultimate goal is to reinforce the protection of minors in a country that has no Child Advocacy Centers (CAC), contrary to the USA that has approximately 950.
Find out more about how you can contribute to our actions towards a better future for children here.